I am so excited that this day is finally here! The Simply Joyful podcast is finally “live!”
The purpose of the Simply Joyful Podcast is to encourage and inspire you to find simple ways to bring more joy into your day. Whether you are looking for a little encouragement in your faith, family, home, homeschooling (if you do) — or just in life — then this is the podcast for you! Let’s get real and talk about the challenges that we face as women in our day-to-day lives. My guests and I will discuss practical tips and “hacks” about how to find harmony in relationships, order in your home, and how to add a little good ol’ fun to your week. My prayer is that this podcast will bless you and add a smile to your face (even if it causes a few new wrinkles) — and to hopefully help you “Live Simply” and “Be Joyful.”
This podcast has been a long time in the making. I’ve spent so much time researching and praying about this podcast. The last couple of months I’ve been busy recording interviews with some extraordinary guests — yes, in my closet. I’m a closet podcaster. As silly as it sounds though, the sound quality is great in there. Plus, I can lock the door of my bedroom so I don’t have little visitors pop in while I’m recording.
In This Episode…
In this episode I share about my vision for the Simply Joyful podcast and a little behind the scenes on why it took so long for the podcast to get off the ground. (It was originally going to launch in spring of 2016). I want to take this opportunity on my very first episode to let you know what to expect in each episode, as well as let you get to know me and my family a bit better. I actually share the story about how my husband and I met and a little bit about each of my kids. I also talked about how God uses topics that I speak about as opportunities to refine me. Speaking on family unity years ago and now on joy have come with some crazy struggles.
I hope you will be encouraged with every episode of this podcast…starting with this one!
Highlights from This Show…
- My God story about how Steve and I couldn’t see eye-to-eye about having more kids. I wrote a post all about it HERE.
- Our family’s favorite comedian: Tim Hawkins (this is Wade’s favorite DVD of his comedy acts).
- Speaking: I love to speak. You can see the topics I speak on HERE.
- The first workshop I did for our church was on organization for moms. I wrote a series on it! The introduction to the series can be found HERE. (It’s called the “M.O.M. = Master Organizers of Mayhem”)
- My crazy trip to Spain was definitely not a typical DITL for me. I share about that story HERE.
- The death of my father-in-law was very hard on our family and definitely tested the source of our joy. I talk about how we learned to find balance through this time HERE. I share a few extra details about what we had going on this past summer in this post.
- “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength” by Rend Collective has been such an encouragement to me and I feel so honored that I was given permission to use this song in my podcast.
— Every podcast episode will have all the highlights and links from each episode (just like this) on my website. So, come on over to the blog to find the show notes.
- Be sure to grab your FREE copy of my book, Sanity Savers for Moms, by joining our Simply Joyful community. It’s a great way to keep in touch…and get subscriber only freebies like my book. Click HERE to get the book and join!
(This podcast is by Kristi Clover. Discovered by e2 media network and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not e2 media network, and audio is streamed directly from their servers.)